Two successful applicants to the L3 High School Senior Merit Scholarship will be awarded up to $35,000 towards pilot training at L3 Flight Academy in Florida!
L3 is committed to ensuring that a career as a commercial airline pilot is accessible to as many talented aspiring pilots as possible. We encourage any High School Seniors interested in pursing a career as a Professional Pilot, to apply.
This scholarship is part of L3’s Pilot Pathways initiative, which is a broader commitment to improving the accessibility of training to aspiring pilots from all backgrounds.
The High School Senior Merit Scholarships are open to all High School Seniors graduating in 2020, who successfully enroll into L3’s Professional Pilot Program or Airline Pilot Track.
Deadline to Apply: October 25, 2019
Start dates: July - September 2020
To apply for the scholarship, click the ‘Request info’ button displayed below which will open an enquiry form. Please enter your personal details and reference the L3 High School Senior Merit Scholarship within the questions or comments section.
Once we receive your request, one of our Admissions Officers will get in touch with you to discuss your pilot training journey and walk you through the application process.
Alternatively, you can speak with a member of our team by calling us at +1 800 U CAN FLYRequest info
Airline Oriented Flight Training & Pathways to 14 U.S. Airlines
L3 Flight Academy has the pathways to make your transition from Cadet to Airline Pilot seamless. Over 96% of Cadets who become Instructors at our Florida Academy are hired by the Airlines - after reaching the FAA mandated 1500 flight hours.
For full entry criteria and more information around our pilot training courses please see the Downloads, FAQ’s, and Terms and Conditions below.
- Can I use this scholarship at another location?
All US L3 Scholarships may only be used towards training at our Florida Academy in Sanford, Florida.
- How are the funds awarded?
- $5,000 – Immediate Tuition Credit
- $10,000 - Upon completion of Private Pilot Certificate
- $10,000 - Upon completion of Instrument Rating
- $10,000 – Upon completion of Commercial Single Engine Certificate
The full $35,000 Scholarship Payout is as follows:
- Who is the scholarship open to?
This scholarship is open to any High School Senior that enrolls in our Professional Pilot Program or Airline Pilot Track in Sanford, Florida.
- How can I apply?
To apply for the scholarship, click the ‘apply now’ button displayed below. Tthis will open up an email. In the body of the email please include your first and last name, contact number, and that you are interested in the High School Senior Merit Scholarship. Once we receive your email, one of our Admissions Officers will get in touch with you to discuss your pilot training journey and walk you through the application process.
If you would like to speak with someone now, please give us a call at +1 800 U CAN FLY! Apply now
- What courses would I need to enroll in to receive this scholarship?
In order to receive this scholarship, you would need to enroll in either the Professional Pilot Program or the Airline Pilot Track. You can view details on both of these courses here: https://www.l3commercialaviation.com/airline-academy/faa-pilot-training/faa-pilot-training-courses/
- When will the scholarship be open until? What is the deadline to apply?
The High School Senior Merit Scholarship is open until October 25 2019. All applications must be completely submitted by this date.
- How many scholarships are being offered?
There are two scholarships available to US High School Seniors for up to $35,000 toward training at L3 Flight Academy in Florida.
- What will the start dates of the courses be?
Course start dates are subject to availability. Scholarship Winners will be advised of suitable course start dates once they have been awarded.
- What happens if I am unsuccessful in obtaining a scholarship?
If you are not awarded a scholarship, you may still be admitted to L3 Airline Academy! L3 has various other funding options, including Federal Student Aid via the FAFSA, for those who qualify. If you do not win the High School Senior Merit Scholarship, contact your admissions officer or our Financial Aid department about your next steps. https://www.l3commercialaviation.com/airline-academy/faa-pilot-training/faa-funding-and-finance/financial-aid/
- Do I have to come from a wealthy or elite background to secure this scholarship?
All applications are treated with the same status, regardless of your financial or familial background.
- Where will the training be located?
Training will take place at our Florida Airline Academy, located at the Orlando Sanford International Airport. https://www.l3commercialaviation.com/airline-academy/faa-pilot-training/faa-flight-schools/orlando/
- How much would I need to pay if I am awarded the Veterans Scholarship?
The L3 High School Senior Merit Scholarship will only offer partial funding towards training at L3 Flight Academy. The amount of additional funding needed will depend on the scholarship amount you are awarded. Example: The Professional Pilot Program base course fee is $79,995. Iif you were awarded the full $35,000 you would still be required to pay $44,995. We do have other funding options available, including Federal Student Aid via the FAFSA, for those who qualify.
- Am I eligible for other financial aid if I am awarded the Veterans Scholarship?
Yes, you may be eligible for other forms of Financial Aid in addition to the Veterans Scholarship. Those qualified could be eligible to use Federal Student Aid, private funding sources, or even scholarships from other organizations.
- What other initiatives are in the Pilot Pathways Program that aren’t just for veterans?
In addition to the High School Senior Merit Scholarship, we also have a L3 Pilot Pathways Women Aviator Scholarship and the L3Harris Veterans Scholarship. You can view the additional scholarships here.
Terms & conditions
1) Applicants must have applied as a new student to L3 CTS Airline Academy.
2) Applicant must be self-sponsored and not sponsored by any airline/university/etc.
3) Applicants must have completed financial aid requirements or confirmed cash payments. (Cash payment plan still requires $10K prior to starting and $6K per month until balance is paid).
4) Funds from any L3 CTS Airline Academy Scholarship may only be used towards the total cost of education in the Airline Pilot Track (APT) or Professional Pilot Program (PPP).
5) Recipients must stay in the Airline Pilot Track or Professional Pilot Program in order to remain eligible.
6) For students receiving financial aid: If the scholarship award creates an over-award (any award that exceeds your total cost of education) a refund will be issued to the lender to reduce your financial aid award.
7) The scholarship is nontransferable.
8) The scholarship is forfeited if student withdraws from the program.
9) Students cannot be awarded more than one L3 CTS Airline Academy Scholarship.
10) Financial aid (which includes a scholarship) is only available for those who qualify.
11) SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS ARE LIMITED AND WILL REMAIN AVAILABLE UNTIL DEPLETED.
Thank you for your interest in one of our career programs.
If you are ready to submit you full application please complete the form here
Altenatively, you can start your application process by completing the shortened form below.
* Mandatory fields
* Mandatory fields