Successful applicants to the L3 Veterans Scholarship will receive up to $15,000 towards pilot training at L3!
L3 Airline Academy is proud to support U.S. veterans as they prepare to re-enter the civilian work force. Being successful in the military takes determination, hard work, and discipline; some of the same skills that breed successful Airline Pilots.
Utilize the skills you acquired from serving in the U.S. Armed Forces towards an exciting career as a commercial pilot!
To apply for the scholarship, click the ‘apply now’ button displayed below. This will open up an email. In the body of the email please include your first and last name, contact number, and that you are interested in the L3 Veterans Scholarship. Once we receive your email, one of our Admissions Officers will get in touch with you to discuss your pilot training journey and walk you through the application process.
To speak with a member of our team, call us at +1 800 U CAN FLYApply now
Airline Oriented Flight Training, with Pathways to 14 Airlines Around the U.S.
Cadets that complete L3’s Professional Pilot Program or Airline Pilot Track are guaranteed an interview to become an L3 Flight Instructor, so you could earn money while building up your flight hours.
We have strong relationships with 14 Airlines from around the US and over 96% of Cadets who become Instructors at our Florida Academy are hired by the Airlines - after reaching the FAA mandated 1500 flight hours.
Please note, all veterans must supply a DD 214 showing they have been honorably discharged from the US Military before the scholarship funds can be released.
For full entry criteria and more information around our pilot training courses please see the Downloads, FAQ’s, and Terms and Conditions below.
- Can I use this scholarship at another location?
All US L3 Scholarships may only be used towards training at our Florida Academy in Sanford, Florida.
- How are the funds awarded?
- $5,000 – Immediate Tuition Credit
- $10,000 – Upon completion of Commercial Single Engine
The full $15,000 Scholarship Payout is as follows:
- Who is the scholarship open to?
This scholarship is open to any honorably discharged U.S. veteran that enrolls in our Professional Pilot Program or Airline Pilot Track in Sanford, Florida.
- How can I apply?
To apply for the scholarship, click the ‘apply now’ button displayed below. Tthis will open up an email. In the body of the email please include your first and last name, contact number, and that you are interested in the L3 Veterans Scholarship. Once we receive your email, one of our Admissions Officers will get in touch with you to discuss your pilot training journey and walk you through the application process.
If you would like to speak with someone now, please give us a call at +1 800 U CAN FLY! Apply now
- What courses would I need to enroll in to receive this scholarship?
In order to receive this scholarship, you would need to enroll in either the Professional Pilot Program or the Airline Pilot Track. You can view details on both of these courses here: https://www.l3commercialaviation.com/airline-academy/faa-pilot-training/faa-pilot-training-courses/
- When will the scholarship be open until? What is the deadline to apply?
The Veterans Scholarship is open indefinitely and does not have a designated deadline. L3 has the right to pause or close the scholarship at any time.
- How many scholarships are being offered?
The $15,000 Veterans Scholarship will remain available until funds are depleted or L3 chooses to pause or close the scholarship.
- What will the start dates of the courses be?
Course start dates are subject to availability and successful applicants will be advised of suitable course start dates once they have been awarded.
- What happens if I am unsuccessful in obtaining a scholarship?
If you are not awarded a scholarship, you may still be admitted to L3 Airline Academy! L3 has various other funding options, including the acceptance of VA Benefits (GI Bill) and Federal Financial Aid, for those who qualify. If you do not win the Veterans Scholarship, contact an admissions officer or our Financial Aid department about your next steps. https://www.l3commercialaviation.com/airline-academy/faa-pilot-training/faa-funding-and-finance/financial-aid/
- Do I have to come from a wealthy or elite background to secure this scholarship?
All applications are treated with the same status, regardless of your financial or familial background.
- Where will the training be located?
Training will take place at our Florida Airline Academy, located at the Orlando Sanford International Airport. https://www.l3commercialaviation.com/airline-academy/faa-pilot-training/faa-flight-schools/orlando/
- How much would I need to pay if I am awarded the Veterans Scholarship?
The L3 Pilot Pathways Veterans Scholarship will only offer partial funding towards training at L3. The amount of additional funding needed will depend on the scholarship amount you win. Example: The Professional Pilot Program base course fee is $79,995, so if you were awarded the full $15,000 you would still be required to pay $64,995. We do have other funding options available, including the GI Bill and Federal Financial Aid for those who qualify.
- Am I eligible for other financial aid if I am awarded the Veterans Scholarship?
Yes, you may be eligible for other forms of Financial Aid in addition to the Veterans Scholarship. Those qualified could be eligible to use the GI Bill, Federal Student Aid, private funding sources, or even additional scholarship from other organizations.
- What other initiatives are in the Pilot Pathways Program that aren’t just for veterans?
We have various exciting initiatives on the way. We cannot disclose any details just yet but you can sign up to our mailing list to be the first to hear about any future scholarships that open up: https://www.l3commercialaviation.com/airline-academy/become-a-pilot/
Terms & conditions
1) Applicants must have applied as a new student to L3 CTS Airline Academy.
2) Applicant must be self-sponsored and not sponsored by any airline/university/etc.
3) Applicants must have completed financial aid requirements or confirmed cash payments. (Cash payment plan still requires $10K prior to starting and $6K per month until balance is paid).
4) Funds from any L3 CTS Airline Academy Scholarship may only be used towards the total cost of education in the Airline Pilot Track (APT) or Professional Pilot Program (PPP).
5) Recipients must stay in the Airline Pilot Track or Professional Pilot Program in order to remain eligible.
6) For students receiving financial aid: If the scholarship award creates an over-award (any award that exceeds your total cost of education) a refund will be issued to the lender to reduce your financial aid award.
7) The scholarship is nontransferable.
8) The scholarship is forfeited if student withdraws from the program.
9) Students cannot be awarded more than one L3 CTS Airline Academy Scholarship.
10) Financial aid (which includes a scholarship) is only available for those who qualify.
11) SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS ARE LIMITED AND WILL REMAIN AVAILABLE UNTIL DEPLETED.
Thank you for your interest in one of our career programs.
If you are ready to submit you full application please complete the form here
Altenatively, you can start your application process by completing the shortened form below.
* Mandatory fields
* Mandatory fields