Here at L3 we are committed to creating a more inclusive and diverse future for the flight deck and our new scholarships for female pilots could help you to be part of it.
Two aspiring female pilots will be offered up to $25,000 with a further eight being awarded up to $12,500. Our amazing scholarships for female pilots will be awarded throughout 2019 and aim to take you from cadet to co-pilot!
The L3 Pilot Pathways Women Aviators Scholarship is open to all female U.S citizens and female U.S. permanent residents who successfully enroll onto the Professional Pilot Program. This female pilot Scholarship is part of the L3 pilot pathways initiative which is a broader commitment to improving the accessibility of training to aspiring pilots from all backgrounds.
For full entry criteria and more information around our pilot training courses please see the Downloads, FAQ’s, and Terms and Conditions below.
Female U.K. & European residents could be eligible for the L3 Pilot Pathways Female Scholarship which can be found here.
To apply for the scholarship simply click the apply now button displayed on the page, this will open an email. In the body of the email please include your first and last name, contact number and that you are interested in the L3 Pilot Pathways Women Aviators Scholarship. Once you have sent this email one of our admissions team will get in touch with you and walk you through the application process.Apply now
- How are the funds awarded?
- $5000 – immediate tuition credit
- $10,000 – upon completion of PPL
- $10,000 – upon completion of IR
- $10,000 – upon completion of CSE
- Why is the scheme only open to women?
Our goal is to address the chronic lack of diversity within the aviation industry. The Women Aviators Scholarship program is just the first US initiative of our L3 Pilot Pathways scheme, with other initiatives targeted toward different people being finalised.
We are committed to increasing diversity across all areas, and we are starting by addressing the need for more level gender playing field in the industry. To keep up to date with our L3 Pilot Pathways scheme, and to be the first to hear when another initiative is launched, you can sign up to our mailing list here: https://www.l3commercialaviation.com/airline-academy/become-a-pilot/
- What other initiatives are in the Pilot Pathways scheme that aren’t just for women?
We have various exciting initiatives on the way. We cannot disclose any details just yet but you can sign up to our mailing list to be the first to hear about any future schemes that open up: https://www.l3commercialaviation.com/airline-academy/become-a-pilot/
- Who is the scheme open to?
The scholarship scheme is open to any female U.S citizen or permanent resident that is interested in applying to our Professional Pilots Program course in Sanford, Florida.
- How can I apply?
To apply for the scholarship simply click the apply now button on the page, this will open an email. In the body of the email please include your first and last name, contact number and that you are interested in the L3 Pilot Pathways Women Aviators Scholarship. Once you have sent this email one of our admissions team will get in touch with you and walk you through the application process.
- When will the scheme be open until? / What is the deadline?
Our L3 Pilot Pathways Women Aviators Scholarship will be open and closed at various times throughout the year, so make sure that you apply as soon as you can. You can also sign up to our mailing list to be the first to hear when the scheme is open for applications: https://www.l3commercialaviation.com/airline-academy/become-a-pilot/
- How many scholarships are being offered?
We have 10 scholarships. Two Scholarships offer up to $25,000 with the remaining eight offering up to $12,500. We will be awarding these scholarships throughout 2019.
- What will the start dates of the courses be?
We can’t confirm the start dates of successful candidates until the application process has been finalised and a final result is decided upon.
- What happens if I am unsuccessful with obtaining the scholarship?
If you are not awarded the scholarship you may still be awarded a place on our Professional Pilot Program course, just without the scholarship towards the course fees.
- Do I have to come from a wealthy or elite background to secure this scholarship?
We do not look at anything except for the suitability and ability of each candidate for our L3 Pilot Pathways Women Aviators Scholarship. Applications are treated with the same status, regardless of financial background.
- Where will the training be located?
Training will take place in Sanford at our Florida Airline Academy.
- What funding will I need to still secure?
The L3 Pilot Pathways Women Aviators Scholarship will only offer partial funding towards the Professional Pilot Program. Depending on how much you are awarded will depend on how much additional funding you will be required to secure. Example: The Professional Pilot Program base course fee is $79,995, so if you were awarded the full $25,000 you would still be required to secure $54,995 funding for the rest of the course.
Terms & conditions
1) Applicants must have applied as a new student to L3 CTS Airline Academy.
2) Applicant must be self-sponsored and not sponsored by any airline/university/etc.
3) Applicants must have completed financial aid requirements or confirmed cash payments. (Cash payment plan still requires $10K prior to starting and $6K per month until balance is paid).
4) Funds from any L3 CTS Airline Academy Scholarship may only be used towards the total cost of education in the Airline Pilot Track (APT) or Professional Pilot Program (PPP).
5) Scholarship is posted to the students account upon successful completion of the Commercial Single-Engine Rating. Recipients must graduate from the APT or PPP program in order to remain eligible.
6) For students receiving financial aid: If the scholarship award creates an over-award (any award that exceeds your total cost of education) a refund will be issued to the lender to reduce your financial aid award.
7) The decision to award the scholarship shall be made by L3 and L3’s decision shall be final. If you are not successful L3 may keep your application on file and suggest alternative programs that you may be eligible for.
8) The scholarship is nontransferable.
9) The scholarship is forfeited if student withdraws from the program.
10) Students cannot be awarded more than one L3 CTS Airline Academy Scholarship.
11) Financial aid (which includes a scholarship) is only available for those who qualify.
12) SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS ARE LIMITED AND WILL REMAIN AVAILABLE UNTIL DEPLETED.
Thank you for your interest in one of our career programs.
If you are ready to submit you full application please complete the form here
Altenatively, you can start your application process by completing the shortened form below.
* Mandatory fields
* Mandatory fields