At L3, we are committed to creating a more inclusive and diverse future on the flight deck. L3 Commercial Aviation’s Airline Academy has joined forces with SkyWest Airlines to enhance its L3 Pilot Pathways Women Aviators Scholarship. SkyWest will offer an additional $25,000 of funding, increasing the scholarship offer up to $50,000 for one successful applicant.
The Women Aviator selected for this scholarship will be accepted into the SkyWest Pilot Pathway Program and the $50,000 scholarship will go towards the training costs of L3’s Professional Pilot Program in Florida.
L3 will also be providing one (1) scholarship worth up to $25,000 and eight (8) additional scholarships worth up to $12,500 to help a total of 10 aspiring female pilots begin their pilot training journey at L3 in Florida.
The Women Aviators Scholarships are open to all female U.S citizens and female U.S. permanent residents who successfully enroll into L3’s Professional Pilot Program. This scholarship is only the first of L3’s Pilot Pathways initiative, which is a broader commitment to improving the accessibility of training to aspiring pilots from all backgrounds.
Applications Due: June 30th 2019
For full entry criteria and more information around our pilot training courses please see the Downloads, FAQ’s, and Terms and Conditions below.
To apply for the scholarship simply click the ‘enroll now' button displayed below, this will open an email. In the body of the email please include your first and last name, contact number and that you are interested in the L3 Pilot Pathways Women Aviators Scholarship. Once you have sent this email one of our admissions team members will get in touch with you to walk you through the application process.Enroll now
- Can I use this scholarship at another location?
All US L3 Scholarships may only be used towards training at our Florida Academy in Sanford, Florida.
- How are the funds awarded?
- $20,000 – Immediate Tuition Credit
- $10,000 – Upon completion of Private Pilot License
- $10,000 – Upon completion of Instrument Rating
- $10,000 – Upon completion of Commercial Single Engine
- $10,000 – Immediate Tuition Credit
- $5,000 – Upon completion of Private Pilot License
- $5,000 – Upon completion of Instrument Rating
- $5,000 – Upon completion of Commercial Single Engine
- $6,250 – Immediate tuition credit
- $6250 – Upon completion of Commercial Single Engine
$50,000 Scholarship Payout
$25,000 Scholarship Payout:
$12,500 Scholarship Payout:
- Who is the scholarship open to?
This scholarship is open to any female U.S citizen or permanent resident that is interested in enrolling in our Professional Pilot Program in Sanford, Florida.
- Why is the scholarship only open to women?
L3 aims to address the chronic lack of diversity within the aviation industry. The L3 Women Aviators Scholarship program is just the first US initiative of L3’s Pilot Pathways Program, with other initiatives being finalized.
We are committed to increasing diversity across all areas, and we are starting by addressing the need for greater gender equality in the industry. To keep up to date with our L3 Pilot Pathways Programs, and to be the first to hear when a new initiative is launched, you can sign up to our mailing list here: https://www.l3commercialaviation.com/airline-academy/become-a-pilot/
- Am I automatically a SkyWest Cadet if I win the $50,000 Scholarship?
Yes! The selected candidate will be in the SkyWest Pilot Pathway Program upon accepting the scholarship. Additionally, once the candidate is in the program, they will have the opportunity to enroll in tuition reimbursement of up to $15,000, payable upon completion of SkyWest IOE.
- Do I have to sign a contract with SkyWest if I win the $50,000 Scholarship?
Yes. The recipient of the $50,000 scholarship will sign a contract with SkyWest Airlines. This contract will be for 1 year of service with SkyWest after meeting First Officer eligibility.
- What is the SkyWest Pilot Pathway Cadet Program?
- If I am not selected for the scholarship, can I still enroll in the SkyWest Pilot Pathway Program?
Yes. Any eligible student with a CFI can apply to be in the SkyWest Pilot Pathway Program. As part of the program, you receive enhanced Company seniority, access to a pilot mentor, tuition reimbursement of up to $15,000 and a guaranteed final interview for a first officer position at SkyWest.
- What other initiatives are in the Pilot Pathways Program that aren’t just for women?
We have various exciting initiatives on the way. We cannot disclose any details just yet but you can sign up to our mailing list to be the first to hear about any future scholarships that open up: https://www.l3commercialaviation.com/airline-academy/become-a-pilot/
- How can I apply?
To apply for the scholarship simply click here
This will open an email. In the body of the email please include your first and last name, contact number and that you are interested in the L3 Pilot Pathways Women Aviators Scholarship. Once you have sent this email, a member of our admissions team will get in touch with you and walk you through the application process.
- When will the scholarship be open until? / What is the deadline?
The application deadline is June 30, 2019
- How many scholarships are being offered?
We have 10 scholarships available. One, in partnership with SkyWest, for up to $50,000, one from L3 for up to $25,000, and eight more from L3 for up to $12,500.
- What will the start dates of the courses be?
Course start dates are subject to availability and winners will be advised of suitable course start dates once they have been awarded.
- What happens if I am unsuccessful with obtaining the scholarship?
If you are not awarded a scholarship, you may still be admitted to our Professional Pilot Program! L3 has various other funding options, including Federal Financial Aid for those who qualify. If you do not win, contact an admissions officer or our Financial Aid department about next steps.
- Do I have to come from a wealthy or elite background to secure this scholarship?
We do not look at anything except for the suitability and ability of each candidate for all of our scholarships. Applications are treated with the same status, regardless of financial background.
- Where will the training be located?
Training will take place at our Florida Airline Academy, located at the Orlando Sanford International Airport.
- What funding will I need to still secure?
The L3 Pilot Pathways Women Aviators Scholarship will only offer partial funding towards the Professional Pilot Program. The amount of additional funding needed will depend on the scholarship amount you win. Example: The Professional Pilot Program base course fee is $79,995, so if you were awarded the full $50,000 you would still be required to secure $29,995.
Terms & conditions
1) Applicants must have applied as a new student to L3 CTS Airline Academy.
2) Applicant must be self-sponsored and not sponsored by any airline/university/etc.
3) Applicants must have completed financial aid requirements or confirmed cash payments. (Cash payment plan still requires $10K prior to starting and $6K per month until balance is paid).
4) Funds from any L3 CTS Airline Academy Scholarship may only be used towards the total cost of education in the Airline Pilot Track (APT) or Professional Pilot Program (PPP).
5) Recipients must stay in the APT or PPP program in order to remain eligible.
6) For students receiving financial aid: If the scholarship award creates an over-award (any award that exceeds your total cost of education) a refund will be issued to the lender to reduce your financial aid award.
7) The decision to award the scholarship shall be made by L3 and L3’s decision shall be final. If you are not successful L3 may keep your application on file and suggest alternative programs that you may be eligible for.
8) The scholarship is nontransferable.
9) The scholarship is forfeited if student withdraws from the program.
10) Students cannot be awarded more than one L3 CTS Airline Academy Scholarship.
11) Financial aid (which includes a scholarship) is only available for those who qualify.
12) SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS ARE LIMITED AND WILL REMAIN AVAILABLE UNTIL DEPLETED.
13) The $50,000 Scholarship recipient will sign a contract with SkyWest for 1 year of service after meeting First Officer eligibility. If the candidate breaks this contract with SkyWest, they will not need to pay back the scholarship funds.
14) To view Terms and Conditions of SkyWest’s Cadet Program, visit http://www.skywest.com/skywest-airline-jobs/career-guides/pilot-pathway-program/
Thank you for your interest in one of our career programs.
If you are ready to submit you full application please complete the form here
Altenatively, you can start your application process by completing the shortened form below.
* Mandatory fields
* Mandatory fields