LIMITED OFFER: 20% DISCOUNT
Are you a newly qualified pilot with a PPL (Private Pilots Licence) and considering what to do next? Well, if you’re thinking about taking it to the next level and training towards your CPL (Commercial Pilot Licence) then we have a programme that could help fast track you to the 150 flight hours needed to start the next phase of training.
L3Harris is pleased to announce the launch of its Hours Building programme, based out of our Airline Academies in Portugal and the US. This programme has been designed for aspiring pilots with ambitions to become commercial aviators. Book now for a reduced price of £16,000.
Why build hours with L3Harris?
- If you hold a PPL you probably have approx. 50 hours flying time.
- To start your CPL training you’ll need a minimum of 150 hours.
- Our Portugal and Sanford Academies have world-class facilities and enjoy over 300 sunny days a year, ideal for building the additional 100 flight hours.
- We have brand new Piper Archer Single-Engine aircraft across our Portugal and US academies, with glass cockpits and Garmin 1000 instrumentation.
- Flight Instructors on hand to give advice.
- Immediate Start dates as we enrol new cadets every month.
The Training Aircraft
The L3Harris flight academy fleet is impressive. As part of L3Harris Commercial Aviation, a global leader in aviation technology, our cadets have access to the very latest training systems from across the business when learning how to become a pilot.
Training aircraft include:
- Cessna 172
- Piper Archer
Cost: £16,000 (reduced from £20,000)
- Initial payment: £4,000 (payment must be received before commencing training)
- 2 x Instalments: £6,000 (second instalment must be received by training week 5)
- Payment schedule will be confirmed at time of booking
What’s included in the price?
- Airfield fees at Ponte de Sor and Sanford training facilities
- Use of L3Harris Single-Engine piston aircraft and fuel
- Check flight with a qualified Flight Instructor
- Access to Academies facilities including canteen and study areas
Additional costs to consider:
- Air travel to Portugal or USA
- Travel to and from the Academy
- Visa requirements
- Personal living expenses
- Class 2 Medical
- Flight Training Equipment such as headset
- Selection fees
L3Harris Airline Academy: Ponte de Sor, Portugal
Our European Airline Academy in Ponte de Sor encompasses all aspects of flight training, from Foundation flying in Single-Engine aircraft to more advanced Intermediate training in Multi-Engine aircraft.
This modern campus is one of the largest in Europe and has outstanding facilities and communal areas for cadets to relax and socialise when not working or flying. With over 300 sunny days a year Ponte de Sor is the ideal location for flying.
- Over 260.000 sq. ft training centre
- 1,800 meter runway and dedicated Instrument Landing System (ILS)
- 20 plus training aircraft including Piper Archer and Cessna 172
- On site accommodation available (on request)
- Large modern restaurant serving food and beverages
L3Harris Airline Academy: Orlando, Florida USA
Our USA campus is located at the Orlando Sanford International Airport in the heart of beautiful Central Florida. Its geography provides pilots with over 300 flyable days per year – allowing more time for students to be up in an airplane.
You could complete your hours building on a three month tourist visa giving you time to enjoy our location, which is just minutes away from beautiful beaches, theme parks and hundreds of local sites waiting to be discovered!
- Located at the Orlando Sanford International Airport
- FAA control tower with four runways with Instrument Landing System (ILS)
- Designated class ‘C’ airspace
- 100 training aircraft including Piper and Cessna
- Operations centre with dispatch centre and pre-flight/post-flight briefing areas
Why Choose L3Harris Airline Academy?
40+ years experience
Almost half a century of helping pilots follow their dreams.
Over 1,500 cadets in training each year.
State-of-the-art training centres
6 global training locations.
Modern training aircraft
Aircraft equipped with glass cockpits and avionics that mirror commercial flight deck.
Thank you for your interest in one of our career programs.
If you are ready to submit you full application please complete the form here
Altenatively, you can start your application process by completing the shortened form below.
* Mandatory fields
* Mandatory fields