You’ve completed your A-Levels but not sure what to do next? You could prepare yourself for the world of work, study for a degree or travel the world – there are so many choices. Well, at L3Harris Airline Academy we believe you can have it all. We’ve been launching the careers of aspiring pilots for over 25 years.
Becoming a commercial airline pilot is a truly rewarding career and full of benefits. You’ll be a vital part of an important team, travelling the world with views from your office window that will be the envy of friends and family!
On average it takes 18 months to two years to qualify as a commercial pilot, which not only gives the aviation industry time to recover from recent global events, but means you could be flying for a major airline and earning a competitive pilot salary sooner than if you choose university.
By choosing one of our cadet pilot programmes, you will receive the training needed to qualify to become a pilot with one of the world’s leading commercial airlines. Learn more about our airline pilot training funding options.
Why Consider Pilot Training With L3Harris Airline Academy?
- From day one you’ll not only learn to fly, you’ll learn how to become an Airline Pilot
- Our Instructors are renowned throughout the aviation industry and provide world-class training that will challenge and motivate you to become the best pilot you can be
- During training you’ll meet supportive, like-minded people and forge life-long friendships
- Access to our Airline Pilot Placement Pool, completion of the Integrated ATPL course (ATPL Essential not included), to help you get the qualifications needed to be a pilot and secure a First Officer job
- Many of our graduates have gone on to fly for major Airlines including British Airways, easyJet and Ryanair
Pilot Training after A-Levels: A cadets perspective – Blog by Charlie Hinton
Choosing between University and pilot training?
The Professional Aviation Pilot Practice Degree with the Middlesex University allows for you to attain a higher education qualification alongside your professional pilot training.
L3Harris cadet, Charlie Hinton, shares insight into his experience in ground school and explains why he felt the degree was the right choice for him.Read Charlie's blog
Integrated Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL)
Didn’t achieve the A-Level results you were hoping for? Not to worry, you could still embark on a rewarding career as a commercial airline pilot with L3Harris Airline Academy. Our Integrated ATPL offers the same exciting, rewarding career, and you don’t need A-Levels. You can apply for ATPL training with five GCSEs, including English, Maths and Science.
All of our tutors at L3Harris have made fantastic use of online lessons. I'm very grateful to have been given the resources to carry on with our studies as normal, in light of these unusual circumstances.
Sarah Johnson, L3Harris Cadet
To find out more contact our Pilot Careers Advice Team on +44 (0)1293 491 381, or click the link below.Enquire now
Thank you for your interest in one of our career programs.
If you are ready to submit you full application please complete the form here
Altenatively, you can start your application process by completing the shortened form below.
* Mandatory fields
* Mandatory fields